45 ml of Tequila
15 ml of Cointreau
15 ml of Triple sec
1 x cup of sugar ( 1/4 cup for the berries puree and rest is for the syrup )
1 x cup Sweet and Sour mix syrup
1 x cup of Blackberries
Slices of lime
To purée the blackberries:
Blend 1/4 cup of blackberries, and 1/4 cup of sugar and puree it. You have prepared your blackberry purée.
Preparing blackberry simple syrup:
Add 3/4 cup of blackberries and 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water bring to a boil. Let it simmer for 10 minutes
Smash the berries with a potato masher
Let it cool for 10 minutes
Strain it to a bowl
Seal it in a storage container and keep it refrigerated until further use.
- Add the alcoholic ingredients along with the blackberry simple syrup and the sweet & sour mix, to a shaker.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of simple syrup on an plate, and rub the rim of the glass with the syrup.Then apply the salt on the syrup coated rim.
- Fill a three quarter of the glass with ice.
- Tip the contents of the shaker (liquor and syrup) into the glass.
- Top it up with purée and stir gently
- Garnish with lime.