Guest Blogger – Cacao Banana Cake Recipe
We all know how rewarding it is to cook healthy, yummy snacks for you and your family to enjoy, so we’ve paired up with the lovely ladies from Simple Nourishment to bring you an amazing prize pack worth over $100!
Simple Nourishment’s ethos is to make healthy snacks easy. Sounds great right? Being two busy, active mums Kath and Liz well know frantic life can get, and how time for cooking can be limited. Their solution is Simple Snacks – a recipe book packed with tasty, healthy treats for the whole family which are nutrient dense, allergy conscious and perfect fuel for in between meals.
How to enter?
Enter here and you could win this fantastic bundle of baking goodies worth over $150 which includes everything you’ll need for healthy family snacks:
- 1 x copy of the Simple Snacks cookbook (RRP $29.95)
- 5 x Bodum Bistro baking utensils (Hand Grater, Dough Spoon, Large Whisk, Pancake Flipper, and Measuring Spoons Set)
- 1 x Masterchef oven glove (RRP $14.95)
- 1 x Anna Gare ceramic coated 6 cup muffin tin (RRP $19.95)
Armed with the Simple Snacks cookbook, plus the Bodum kitchen utensils pack, you’ll be all set to cook up a storm in your kitchen and enjoy the benefits!
Kath and Liz have kindly shared with us their yummy recipe for Cacao Banana Cake – a moist, delicious treat that will last well for up to a week in the fridge (if little hands don’t steal it all!)
Cacao Banana Cake Recipe
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup wholemeal
- self-raising flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbs cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarb
- Firstly, preheat a fan forced oven to 180°C (200°C conventional) and then line a medium baking tin with grease-proof paper.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift and combine all the dry ingredients.
- Combine the two mixtures gently and pour into lined baking tin.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted, turning the tray half way through cooking time to ensure even baking.