Guest Blogger Like a Vegan makes Passionfruit Coconut Ice Cream!
Ice Cream! We all looooooove ice cream and it’s even better when its home made. We recently teamed up with Newcastle blogger Like a Vegan to create this amazing, cooling, tropical Passionfruit Coconut Ice Cream!
This recipe makes use of the Cusinart Ice Cream Maker with Compressor which has a commercial quality compressor-freezer, so it’s always ready to go with no waiting around for the bowl to freeze like some other ice cream machines. Complete with two separate paddles, you can also make gelato in this popular ice cream machine and it features a count down and keep cool feature.
See the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker in action here>
- 1 400mL can of coconut cream (placed in the fridge upside-down for at least 24 hours)
- 1 320mL can of condensed coconut milk
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (soy works best but any non-dairy milk will do)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 340g cans passionfruit pulp in syrup
- In a food processor or with a stick blender, blend all ingredients except the passionfruit until smooth.
- Add the passionfruit and blend to the consistency you desire (choose from whole seeds or pulverised)
- Pour mixture into the prepared Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and churn for 60 minutes.
- Once finished enjoy, and then transfer into an ice cream container to store in the freezer.
- NOTE: Freezing for a little longer will give a firmer consistency.