We all love a little indulgence every now and again, something to tame that sweet tooth. Well here’s a little slice that you can enjoy, knowing fully what’s in it. We call it a little slice of heaven, its chocolately, nutty, sweet, and delicious!
You can really experiment with this one, using whatever you like or whatever you have in the cupboard, but the base ingredients are coconut oil and raw cacao. For this version we have added peanut butter, chopped dates, chia seeds, toasted almonds and coconut flakes and some honey. You could add other dried fruits such as goji berries or cranberries, your favourite nuts such as pistachios or walnuts. You could swap out they honey for maple syrup, or add tahini for a salted caramel take. Pour everything on to a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and pop into the freezer.
The only steadfast rule with this slice is to keep it in the freezer! This is a must, as at room temperature it’ll melt away.
- ½ cup raw cacao
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup of whole nuts of your choice
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup chopped medjool dates
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 TB honey or maple syrup
- 1TB nut butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla paste or powder
- Melt the coconut oil over a low heat and whisk in the cacao and nut butter if using
- Toast coconut flakes and nuts lightly in oven or in a pan on the stove
- Chop nuts/coconut flakes when cool and add half to coconut oil / cacao mix, stir to combine
- Add in the dates, vanilla, sea salt, maple syrup or honey and whisk together.
- Pour out onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and sprinkle the top with the rest of the coconut flakes/chopped nuts.
- Freeze for 15-20 mins before chopping / breaking up.
- Store in the freezer