Chewy Almond Butter Bars Recipe
Don’t you hate that hungry feeling you get in between meals? Or perhaps its the 3pm arvo slump you get where you reach for the Snickers bar from the office vending machine? There’s got to be a better, healthier way to snack right? Well these Chewy Almond Butter Bars from Simple Nourishment are sure to hit the spot!
Simple Nourishment’s passion is for nourishing and delicious snacks which are simple to make. The two cookbook creators, Kath and Liz are active, busy mums who know how crazy life can get and how hard it is to prioritise your own health. Their solution is Simple Snacks – a recipe book packed with healthy, delicious treats which are nutrient dense, allergy conscious and perfect fuel for in between meals.
Enter now and you could be in the running to WIN this awesome bundle of baking goodies worth over $100 which includes everything you’ll need to whip up some not-so-naughty snacks:
- 1 x copy of the Simple Snacks cookbook (RRP $29.95)
- 5 x Bodum Bistro baking utensils (Hand Grater, Dough Spoon, Large Whisk, Pancake Flipper, and Measuring Spoons Set)
- 1 x Masterchef oven glove (RRP $14.95)
- 1 x Anna Gare ceramic coated 6 cup muffin tin (RRP $19.95)
Armed with the Simple Snacks cookbook, plus the Bodum kitchen utensils pack, you’ll be all set to cook up a storm in your kitchen and enjoy the benefits!
Kath and Liz have kindly shared with us their yummy recipe for Chewy Almond Butter Bars – these will keep for up to a week in the fridge, plus you can substitute whatever nut butter you like.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 6 tbs honey
- 4 tbs almond butter
- 2 tbs cacao powder
- ¾ cup almonds, roasted
- ¾ cup oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Firstly, line a medium baking tin with grease-proof paper.
- In a small saucepan, warm the honey and almond butter to soften.
- Blitz the dates in food processor and until a semi-smooth paste starts to form.
- Add the nuts, oats, coconut and cacao powder and pulse until just combined.
- Add in the honey/almond mix and process until well mixed. Be careful not to overmix.
- Press the mixture into the tray with wet hands if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Place in the fridge to set.