These cute little individual Goats Cheese, Mint & Green Vegetable Tarts are perfect for entertaining guests at your next dinner party! Or serve up with a side salad and some fresh crusty bread for a delicious and filling lunch option.
The goat’s cheese gives a rich and intense flavour to the quiche, and the combination of green vegetables and mint are the perfect balance to the creaminess of this Mini Quiche. Feel free to experiment with different herbs, dill or chives would be lovely in this dish, as would basil. Get creative and finely chop up a mixture of whatever herbs you have! in the garden or in the fridge! You can also experiment with the green vegetables used in the dish – broccolini or zucchini would go well.
Bake these in the Le Creuset Stoneware Mini Round Casseroles which are perfect for baking in and then serving individual starters or portions for an impressive way to delight your guests!
- 3 medium eggs
- 50 g - ¾ cup of breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
- 250 g green vegetables of your choice: peas, asparagus spears, green beans, etc.
- 100 g salad sprouts
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 350 ml - 1½ cups single or whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 100 g crumbled fresh goat cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli flakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC (gas mark 6).
- Oil 4 mini round casseroles and line with the bread crumbs.
- Prepare a bain-marie using a baking dish with a few centimetres of water.
- Blanche green vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes and immediately place under running cold water.
- Cut vegetables into small pieces 1-2 cm
- Mix together salad sprouts, mint leaves and cream and whisk in 3 eggs and plain flour.
- Combine with the vegetables, and the crumbled goat cheese and spoon into the mini casserole dishes.
- Place in the oven in the bain-marie and leave to cook for 20 minutes without covering.
- (Optional)Sprinkle each tart with a pinch of chilli flakes
- Cook for a further 5 minutes and serve.