Guest blogger Like a Vegan roadtested the Cusinart Ice Cream Maker with Compressor recently with some cool results perfectly timed for Christmas!
This gloriously sweet combination uses creamy coconut milk, candy canes, and peppermint essence topped off with a chocolate drizzle shell for a wonderfully festive treat! It’s all made easy in the Cusinart Ice Cream Maker with Compressor which can also make gelato with ease.
- 1 400mL can full fat coconut cream (placed upside-down in the fridge for at least 24 hours)
- 1 320mL can condensed coconut milk
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk for this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 12 candy canes
- Chocolate Shell Topping
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 200g dark chocolate
- Pinch of salt
- Open up the coconut cream and remove the liquid from the top. Scoop out the remaining cream and blend with the condensed coconut milk, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract and peppermint oil until smooth.
- Prepare your Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker with the ice cream paddle and pour the mixture into the bowl.
- Set the timer to 60 minutes and press start.
- Crush or chop your candy canes and after about 45 minutes, open the candy compartment to add ¾ of the crushed candy canes.
- When the timer goes off, you’ve got yourself some killer ice cream! Place into a container and pop into the freezer until you’re ready to serve.
- To make the Chocolate Shell Topping, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over a low-medium heat before adding the chocolate and salt.
- Once completely melted, add to a jar or squeeze bottle and pour over the top of the ice cream before finishing off with the remaining crushed candy cane.
- Bask in the glory of making this Christmas the best one yet!
Unable to login to host with that username/password combination.