How does an amazing, delicious Baked French Croissant Toast with Caramelised Bananas sound for an easy yet suitably decadent Christmas morning breakfast?
French toast is usually a messy business, what with the dipping of the bread in the custard and then transferring to the frypan. This delicious recipe is baked, taking all of the mess out, leaving you to spend more time with the family opening presents! What’s more it uses croissants rather than bread, giving it a buttery, indulgent touch.
Bake these little beauties in the Le Creuset Mini Cocotte’s for perfect individual serves to impress your family and friends.
Simply do a little prep and pop in the oven to bake to perfection!
- French Toast:
- 6 butter croissants, cut into 2cm-thick slices
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Caramelised Banana:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 bananas, cut into 1,5cm-thick slices
- icing sugar, double cream, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly whisk the eggs, cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, spices and salt together in a bowl.
- In the mini casserole dishes, layer the croissant and banana slices, finishing off with the croissant on the top later.
- Pour the egg mixture over the layers, ensuring covered evenly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and set.
- Whilst the French Toast is cooking prepare the caramelised banana. Combine sugar and butter in a small saucepan and stir until golden brown. Add banana and gently stir until caramelised - this should take 5 minutes.
- Once French Toast is baked, serve with the caramelised banana on top and dust with icing sugar and dollop with double cream to serve.