Everyone loves a Bliss Ball right? Super easy to make, these little balls of deliciousness are packed with good stuff and sure to tame the sweet tooth in everyone!
Get creative when you are making these, mine always turn out a little bit different as I’m not too strict with quantities. As long as you get the base ingredients to around the right ratio, you can really throw a lot of different things in and make up your own combinations.
This version has of course nuts, pitted medjool dates, coconut oil, cacao, sea salt (to bring out the chocolate flavour) and vanilla which generally forms the basis for any bliss ball. I’ve also added in some maple syrup, tahini, chia and LSA (linseed, sunflower and almond mix). The tahini gives a lovely nutty flavour but it is totally optional. You could add different nuts, fruits, spices and other flavourings like, cinnamon, nutmeg, dried cranberries, desiccated coconut, pistachios, macadamias, walnuts, nut butter, dried apricots, and honey or rice bran syrup as sweeteners. Mix it up to what you like!
Once you’ve blitzed all the ingredients in a really good food processor such as a Vitamix or Magimix, roll the mixture into balls and coat in dessicated coconut or extra cacao. Place on a sheet of greaseproof paper on a baking tray. You could even melt coconut oil and cacao together and coat them in this chocolattey delight!
What’s essential is that you store these in the freezer! I like to pop them in between sheets of greaseproof paper in chinese takeaway containers.
- ½ cup coconut oil softened or melted
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 TB chia seeds
- 1.5 cup of whole nuts of your choice (almonds, walnuts, macadamias, peanuts, or a mix)
- ¼ cup LSA (linseed, sunflower, almond mix - optional
- pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 TB maple syrup or honey
- vanilla powder or vanilla paste
- Pop everything in a food processor and blitz until it comes together in a ball or is soft enough to roll into balls
- Place in the fridge/freezer for a few minutes if desired to make rolling easier
- Roll into teaspoon-heaped balls and coat in dessicated coconut or extra cacao
- Place on greaseproof paper and store in the freezer